- The first 10 tires are collected at no cost to the customer.
- Every additional tire is $1 per tire.
- The Tireless Project is limited to city of Peoria residents.
- Customers must have proof of residency in the form of a driver’s license, state ID, property tax statement.
- Businesses are prohibited from participating.
- No tires with rims will be accepted.
- Only passenger and truck tires 17″ or less will be accepted.
- No oversized, commercial, or agricultural tires will be accepted.
Abandoned and unwanted tires cause a nuisance and pose a risk to the health and safety of residents. Improperly discarded tires can harbor disease carrying pests such as mosquitos and rodents and contribute to blight in neighborhoods. The Tireless Project offers Peoria residents a free and responsible way to dispose of unwanted tires.
Volunteers wanting to pick up ten or more tires in their neighborhood need to coordinate with the Tireless Project prior to the event and provide proof of where they are picking up the tires. Please contact the Tireless Project by calling Jim Kosner at (309) 253-0192 or on the Tireless Project Facebook page at: facebook.com/PeoriaTirelessProject/.
The next date for tire collection is Saturday, May 22 from 9-11 a.m. For more information on alternative recycling in Peoria and for a complete list of future Tireless Project dates, please visit: appreciatepeoria.com/opportunties.