Recycling in the Bathroom – Set Up
The next time you need to replace a bathroom product or empty a bottle or box, think about the ways you can recycle within your bathroom.
Recycling saves energy and space in landfills and recycling bathroom products really does make a difference in our community.
Setting Up Your Bathroom Recycling Station
Here are some helpful tips for setting up a bathroom recycling station.
- Get a second container to use as a recycling bin
- Place this bin under your sink cupboard or next to your toilet, whichever works best for you
- You can even print a recycling symbol to tape to the container so everyone knows which bin is for recycling and which is for trash
- When the recycling bin is full, empty it into your recycling cart for pick up
Recyclables in the Bathroom
Here are some of the common recyclables that can be placed into your bathroom recycling bin.
- Boxes from bandages, soap bars, and toothpaste packaging
- Facial tissue boxes
- Plastic containers of sunscreen, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, and medications
- Spray bottles of cleaners
- Empty toilet paper roll tubes
- Glass containers of oils, sprays, and vitamins
Items for the Trash Bin
- Plastic bags and pouches
- Pump dispensers from soap and other bathroom products
- Tissues, paper towels, and small paper cups
- Fabrics such as old towels or washcloths
As with the kitchen and other recyclables in your household, remember to rinse and dry bottles and recycle them with their lids and labels left on. And remember to empty and flatten all boxes before recycling.
Need a Recycling Cart?
Call Peoria Disposal Company (PDC) at (309) 674-5176, option one or click Sign Up for Recycling to request your 95-gallon single-stream recycling cart (brown cart with orange lid) with wheels, with no deposit required. To take advantage of the recycling collection, you must use the provided cart. If you have too much recycling for your cart regularly, you may request an additional 95-gallon cart at no cost.
Want to subscribe for the latest Peoria Picks Up! updates? Enter your email in the Subscribe to Peoria Picks Up! section on the right and click ‘Subscribe.’