Residential Yard Waste Collection Ending
Yard waste collection will end the week of December 7. The City’s trash hauler, Peoria Disposal Company (PDC) will continue to pick up yard waste now through the end of that week. Yard waste collection is the same day as your scheduled trash pickup.
A few do’s and don’ts with yard waste collection:
- Acceptable yard waste includes grass clippings, tree limbs and/or branches
- Personal containers must be marked “Yard Waste Only” and should have two handles, a tight-fitting lid and not exceed 45 gallons in size
- When filled, compostable bags should be able to support the weight of the material inside, whether it’s wet or dry (30-pound maximum)
- Place your yard waste container no less than three feet away from your trash and recycling carts
- Bundles should only be tied with nonmetallic cord, such as twine
- Bundles should be less than five feet in length and less than 50 pound
- Yard waste cannot be mixed in with your regular trash
- Residents are encouraged to use their own container for yard waste
Any cans, bags or bundles which do not meet the above requirements will not be collected. Peoria Disposal Company will not remove yard waste after the designated trash collection day the week of December 7.
Yard Waste collection will resume mid-March 2021. For more information, please visit peoriapicksup.com or contact PDC at (309) 674-5176, option 1.