Yard Waste Collection: March 15 – December 10, 2021
Approved Yard Waste Containers and Bundle Requirements
Use plastic or metal garbage cans between 40 and 45 gallons in size, with two handles and a tight fitting lid. Wheeled carts that are either 65 or 95 gallon size are also acceptable. Cans and carts should be labeled with, “Yard Waste Only,” stickers. Labels are available at City Hall, Public Works or any Peoria Disposal Company (PDC) location.
- Ensure your container lid is closed.
- When filled, compostable bags should be able to support the weight of the material inside, whether it’s wet or dry (30 pound maximum).
- Ensure your container is placed three feet away from your trash and recycling cart.
- Tie bundles with nonmetallic cord, such as twine. Bundles should be no more than five feet long and 50 pounds.
Yard Waste Placement and Pickup
Your yard waste is collected the same day your trash is picked up.
Yard waste may be set out as early as 3 p.m. the day before pickup and must be out by 6 a.m. on your scheduled day to avoid missing a collection. After pickup, move your yard waste container from the curb or alley by 5 p.m. It needs to be placed in your garage or alongside your house or garage, it cannot be in front or the back of your home, left on the street or sidewalk.
Your regular trash pickup will be delayed by one day if it falls on or after the following holidays.
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Acceptable Yard Waste
Seasonal Collection of Christmas Trees – Real Trees Only
- PDC crews will pick up your Christmas trees as part of normal trash collection.
- You do not need to request a special pickup.
- Place your Christmas tree next to your trash and/or recycling carts.
- Remove all lights and decorations.
- If the tree is over sized, cut the tree in half.