Yard waste collection will resume in March 2020.
Approved Yard Waste Containers and Bundle Requirements
Use plastic or metal garbage cans that are between 40 and 45 gallons in size, with two handles, and a tight fitting lid or wheeled carts that either 65 or 95 gallon size. Please label cans or carts with, “Yard Waste Only.” Labels are available at City Hall, Public Works or any Peoria Disposal Company (PDC) location.
- Make sure your container lid is closed.
- When filled, compostable bags should be able to support the weight of the material inside, whether it’s wet or dry (30 pound maximum).
- Make sure your container is three feet away from your trash and recycling cart.
- Please tie bundles with nonmetallic cord, such as twine, keep them less than five feet in length, and less than 50 pounds.
Where do I put my yard waste container and when will it be picked up?
Your yard waste is collected the same day as trash.
Yard waste may be set out as early as 3:00 p.m. the day before pickup and must be out by 6:00 a.m. on the day to avoid missing a collection. After pickup, move your yard waste container from the curb or alley by 5:00 p.m. It needs to be placed in your garage or along the side of your house or garage, it cannot be in front or the back of your home.
Your regular trash pickup will be delayed by one day if it falls on or after the following holidays.
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Christmas Day
Acceptable Yard Waste
Seasonal Collection of Christmas Trees – Real Trees Only
- PDC crews will pick up your Christmas trees as part of normal trash collection.
- You do not need to request a special pickup.
- Place your Christmas tree next to your trash and/or recycling carts.
- Remove all lights and decorations.
- If the tree is oversized, cut the tree in half.